Saturday, December 6, 2008

Trigger Happy

Well, folks - here I am, standing at the precipice of what will be one of the most important things that I will ever do in my life.

Sadly, since my last posting, I have not had any improvements in the number of follicles that we will be working with. I have six follicles, all ranging in size from 0.8 to 1.9 (as of yesterday morning). Two smaller ones have popped up, but are definitely not large enough to make the cut. I had one more night of stims, and am poised to "pull the trigger" (HCG shot) this evening at 10:00 p.m.

I am trying my very best to remain positive, hoping for at least 3 mature eggs that will fertilize. I have to admit, it hasn't helped for me to maniacally read various posts on internet forums from other women about the low numbers they have and their subsequent disappointments. I have been doing a lot of praying, and trying to do some positive meditations...I have been on the brink of tears a couple of times this week, but for the most part, I am managing to hang in there.

The RE that did my ultrasound yesterday said that it wouldn't be unreasonable to transfer three embies - all, of course, dependent upon the condition of the embies. Here's hoping that I actually have three to transfer!!

I'll post again post-retrieval, to let you know how I survived the procedure. Wish me luck, all!

4 comments:

Turia said...

Good luck Springroll. I'm going to hope at least a couple of those eggies are ready to go! BIG hugs.

... said...

I wish you lots of luck SR, and prayers that those are 3 super-duper strong, healthy and ready to grow eggies.

Jaja said...

Go Springroll! It only takes one!

taniab said...

Good luck SR. Got my fingers crossed that you'll have 3 healthy embies to implant.