Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year!

Is it me, or is time just zooming by? The winter holidays were wonderful, and I dare say this was the best Christmas I have ever had (...soon to be replaced by next Christmas, when our little Dim Sum waits for Santa for the first time...) Despite everyone's request that I pass along a Christmas wish list to make shopping easier, there honestly was not one thing that I wanted. I have everything that I could have every wished and prayed for - a loving husband, an inviting home, and a baby growing inside my tummy. Life is good.

DH and I went with friends out to Panorama Ski Resort for New Year's weekend, and it was simply spectacular! While the others went swooshing down the slopes, I had the chance to sit in our cozy condo (by the fireplace), and just look out at the gently falling snow. I got to visit the resort spa for a (much-needed) massage, and get caught up in my pregnancy journal. And I got to eat! I went for walks and watched young families tobogganing down snowy slopes, and I even rode the resort gondola down to the "lower village" to shop at the General Store. Dim Sum and I had a great time!

But of course, it's back to reality for us now, with work and other real-life inconveniences!

Dim Sum is an incredibly active little boy, and the constant kicks are reassuring. I am finding it increasingly difficult to stay asleep at night; no sleep position is really that comfortable, I find I am waking up in the middle of the night to pee, and Dim Sum enjoys thumping away at me if I am sleeping in a position that he doesn't care for. But know what? I worked damn hard to feel this way, so I wouldn't trade it for the world!! :)

DH and I talked the other day about what our plans would be for a second child after Dim Sum arrives...hard to imagine that we are already discussing it, given our struggles just getting to where we're at. But we're nothing if not realistic - even though we are pregnant, we still consider ourselves to be infertile. And because of this fact, our eyes are wide open to the need for planning. We have decided that our plan of action will be to try for a natural conception soon after Dim Sum's birth (but within a reasonable timeframe for healing! Ouch!), and if nothing happens in a year, we will go back to the Clinic. But in our hearts, both of us know how lucky we are to even have Dim Sum, so if Dim Sum is all that God blesses us with, we are thrilled.

Life really is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you SR. Your New Years weekend sounded PERFECT! Next Christmas will be wonderfulwith your little Dim Sum but its fantastic that you really enjoyed your last one as a family of two because it will never be the same again!
Hugs.
~BabyO

... said...

I'm so happy for you too SR! What a wonderful time in your life, may 2010 be even better! Hugs

CJDR said...

Next year is going to be amazing!!!
And I know exactly how you feel about ttcing right away. Thats what our problem was too. If it happens naturally great, if not...then you have the resources to fix that. Atleast you now know what will work for you.
I haven't told many people that we are ttc again because I know their reactions will be "already?!" but you know what, I dont care. I deal with IF and the only people who dont understand my want to try again right away, dont. Plus I keep thinking "what if it takes that long again".....
So I say good for you!!
And like BabyO said, next christmas will have a whole new meaning, and all the ones after that.
I just cant believe how close your getting!!! I keep checking your 'ticker' and my goodness, your almost there :)