Sunday, June 1, 2008

Last Ditch Effort

Well, we made the old last ditch effort this past week to get pg on our own before we embrace IVF in all its glory...

I ovulated completely early this month - day 9 of my cycle, if you can believe it! Good timing too, as DH had just come back from his business trip (I would have been screwed if it was any earlier...pardon the pun! Ha!) So we did the deed and now we have nothing to do but sit and wait - again!!

Of course, I was wondering if our clinic was going to call us this month to tell us it was "our time" - but no call. I telephoned them to find out where we were on the waiting list, and it turns out we were #28. The nurse figures next month will likely be our month, but it all depends on when all of the girls ahead of me get their period. Seriously, it's like buying a raffle ticket and holding my breath to see if mine gets drawn! However, getting your ticket drawn is a little more painful than a car or a trip for two to Hawaii. In the end, though, the ultimate prize - a baby - is much, much more priceless.

Hmmm...what am I going to rant about today? Could it be the world's worst kept secret - Ashley Simpson's pregnancy??? I don't understand their need to be coy about it all - just give up the goods, for Pete's sake. I tell ya, the day I find out I'm pg, I think I might just jump from rooftop to rooftop, shouting it out at the top of my lungs. Of course, this is just because of the long journey it will have taken to get there; I know that many women do want to wait to announce it, just to be on the safe side. I respect that, too. But puhlease...totally different with Ashley Simpson. I think that it was all drawn out to get more attention - after all, her career isn't exactly taking off like a rocket. Anything for more press, right?

Okay, enough of that. Maybe I'm just tired of hearing about all of these celebrity babies! But like everyone else, I guess they are totally entitled to their moments of mommy-to-be glory...

1 comment:

... said...

I hope this last effort saves you from IVF sweety! I'll be listening on my rooftop in a few weeks, I'm sure you'll shout loud enough for me to hear over the mountain tops too! I'm in the tww too, I'll know next weekend... although I'm trying not to think about it.