Sunday, September 7, 2008

NFL Season Has Started!

So that makes me a football widow.

Yes, my husband LOVES the NFL. As a matter of fact, he is downstairs right now watching the game with a buddy of his, wearing his beloved Steelers jersey and hootin' and hollerin' each time there's a good play.

I don't mind because it leaves me quiet time to do my own things - like get caught up with this blog of mine!!

Here's the update - I'm on Day 6 of stimming and I am getting pretty good at self-administering the shots, if I do say so myself. I was super nervous on the first day, as there was mixing and measuring involved with the drugs, but DH helped me out and in the end it was all good. I have little needle "tracks" on my belly, and some bruising, but otherwise, I am getting used to the little poke. Icing my belly beforehand helps tremendously, as does pinching my belly while I insert the needle.

I had a minor setback on Friday, when (following Day 4 bloodwork) the clinic called to say that my hormone levels were a little low and they had to increase my Gonal F dosage to 450. This made me really worry - basically, it meant that it didn't seem my ovaries were responding to the meds and they had to kick it up a notch. I guess I'm still worried that I'm not producing any eggs, but I suppose there's no point in worrying. I have more bloodwork and another ultrasound tomorrow, so they'll be able to tell then what is going on...

I had a great revelation last night - and that is, I know that I can do this. I know that I am strong enough, and I'm not scared anymore. I will become pregnant. This will have a happy outcome.

No comments: